The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

You're #1, Dad!

Just posting a card that I made weeks ago for the current (and about-to-end) Power Poppy Challenge: Pencil Me In (to use colored pencils as your coloring medium). I kept forgetting to post this so I could link it up! But, finally, here it is:


Before investing in my Copic markers, I used colored pencils with blending stumps and gamsol all the time. I was happy to pull them out to play with again, but was completely sad when I found that all of my gamsol had dried up in the meantime!!! So, no blending on this card, just very elementary-school-style coloring with pencils. But I had fun and loved the way it turned out. I used Power Poppy stamps from the Play Ball stamp set.

Gotta run--I need to go get this linked up before time runs out!

Thanks for stopping by,
Emily

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Well hello stranger!! What a cute card you're sharing today. I like the font of the die cut letters. Hope you're doing well and enjoying your summer!

~amy~ said...

Hey you, fun card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Emily, what a cute card, and I really love your simple pencil coloring! What a great design, and I love the stripes across you colored and the great dies!! Sure put a smile on my face and will you "dad!" Hugs!

Maria said...

A very CUTE card! Love the colors and great design! Hope all is well your way!:-)

Auntie Em said...

Well Hello Emily! I love your card. The colouring actually goes so perfectly with the #1 Father's Day theme. :)

Thanks for sharing! Hope all is going well in your busy life. {{{hugs}}}

alabtkaralmthaly said...


شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالدمام تاج المثالية
شركة طيوب لتسليك المجاري بالدمام والخبر
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف
شركة تسليك مجارى بالخبر

ani321india said...

The designs are very awesome. I liked the 2nd one very much.
The designs explain you have a creative mind.

online reviews