You probably can't take your eyes off my funky and fabulous felt bird, right? This sweet feltie was a prize I won at Get Sketchy last fall and comes from the cute Etsy shop Crafty Paper Girl. I couldn't wait to use it on a card, and today's StampinB challenge was perfect!
The sheet music behind my felt bird was taken from a vintage hymnal I bought last year at a local used book store expressly for deconstructing to use in papercrafting projects. And I was so pleased to dip into my droolworthy Pink Paislee Sweetness pad for the background DP.
Challenges that inspired this card:
- Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World: An Idea in Yellow. I was so inspired by the colors of this photo and picked up the bright yellow, pale blue, and dark brown to use in my card.
- EtsyInspired Challenge #128: to be inspired by the wares of the Etsy shop The Hidden Alphabet. I was inspired by the intricate damask-style pattern in this photo (and chose the DP that I used because of it), as well as by the bold frame.
- Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge: MMSC93
- OneStop Craft Challenge: Spring Flowers (in my punched borders)
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Frames
- Paper Sundaes Challenge: Use a Charm
- Critter Sketch Challenge: Use a sentiment (mine is "Music" on my tiny tag)
- A Spoon Full of Sugar: Tag
- Tuesday Throwdown: Tag
- Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
- Clear It Out Challenge: Anything Goes
- 4 Crafty Chicks: Stitching
I hope you've been inspired to play along with the Stampin' B's!! If you do make a card, post it on your blog or SCS gallery, and link it up to the Inlinkz tool on the Stampin' B's blog. We'd love to see what you create!! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my little slice of bliss for today!
Paper: SU chocolate chip, SU bashful blue, Pink Paislee Sweetness DP, page from a vintage hymnal
Ink: Ranger tea dye distress ink, Palette haystack, SU chocolate chip
Accessories: MS poinsettia chain punch, SU jewelry tag punch, sponge dauber, Crafty Paper Girl feltie, foam tape, heart charm, brown burlap string, sewing machine, rhinestones
Techniques: machine stitching, ink distressing