The other was yesterday's Ways to Use It challenge WT282, Stick It. I "stuck" my card by sewing on it with my sewing machine AND by using a safety pin. That was a fun challenge! The gingham "DP" is actually a scrap of fabric that I sewed on to my kraft card base.
I managed to fit in a number of other challenges with this card, as well:
- Limelight Sketch and Product Challenge, LLPC053, to use this sketch and Pop-Up dots. Each of my circle elements is popped up on dimensionals.
- Delightful Challenges, Distressing. I used my favorite distressing method, taking an emery board to the edges of my card base and the middle rectangular panel.
- The Play Date Cafe Challenge, PDCC41, to be inspired by the colors in this photo. I interpreted these as red, saffron, and white. You can see my saffron a bit better in the close-up photo below in the flower centers in the DP and the saffron flocking in the centers of my stamped strawberry blossoms.
- Simon Says Challenge: Sing It, Baby , to be inspired by a song. I was inspired by--what else?--the Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever. :)
- Flourishes' inaugural Bringing Back Beautiful challenge BBB01, to color with your favorite medium. I, of course, chose watercoloring!!
- Paper Sundaes, PSC29, to include stitching--real or faux--on your card.
- Just for Fun Fridays color challenge JFFCC23, to use these colors
And now, it's TGIF!! Time for my DH's out-of-this-world homemade pizza and a movie with the kids. Have a super weekend--and, as always, thanks so much for dropping by. It makes my day when you do! :)
Stamps: Flourishes Strawberries
Paper: Canson watercolor paper, PTI kraft CS, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety DP, generic CS
Ink: Palette noir black, Palette l'amour red
Accessories: CM 1.25" circle punch, CM 1.5" circle punch, SU 1.75" circle punch, CM circle cutting system, emery board for distressing, sewing machine, red gingham fabric, glue dots, saffron flocking powder, dimensionals, narrow red satin ribbon, red safety pin, watercolor paintbrushes
Techniques: watercolor painting, machine sewing, distressing