The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thank-You Treat

Hey, there! I'm comin' atcha today with a fun and sweet little treat. I mean, really--who can resist DeNami chickies and M&Ms???


The focal point of my design is a brand-new stamp from DeNami, the Back-to-School Chickie, and we are featuring it this week as the DeNami Product Spotlight.


It's so perfect for back-to-school creations or for little thank-you gifts (or treats!) for teachers, tutors, librarians, and volunteers. And as this week's product spotlight, this adorable chickie stamp is on sale for the next week.

My little treat box came together so quickly and easily! I heat embossed the image and sentiment on watercolor paper, and then watercolor painted this cute little tableau with dye inks in less than five minutes. I punched it all out with a label punch and drew in a dotted black border with a Sakura Glaze pen. See that fun little clear treat box? That's one of DeNami's clear boutique boxes (the 2¼" x 2¼" x 1" size--perfect as favor, truffle, or treat boxes), and they are such a great deal. One 10-pack costs just $4. Amazing! After filling the box with peanut M&Ms, I tied it up with some red baker's twine from the Classic Twine 3-pack, and adhered my label to the box with some foam tape. Done!

Be sure to visit the DeNami blog today to see how the rest of the design team used this week's Spotlight product. I know you'll come away with a ton of ideas! 

Thanks for checking out my little slice of happy for today!
Emily

Paper: Canson watercolor paper
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, various dye inks for watercolor painting
Accessories: DeNami Boutique Box, baker's twine, clear embossing powder, heat tool, label punch, Sakura Glaze pen
Techniques: heat embossing, watercolor painting

13 comments:

Pam said...

What a perfect gift box! The back to school chickie is sooo cute!! Hope all is well your way, I've missed you!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE that little box! Such a fun way to package up a li'l something. (Peanut m&ms, mmmm....)

Benzi said...

Darling chickie image and the M&M's look yummy. What a fun project and one to take care of a sweet tooth. :-)

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable Emily!!

Marlena M. said...

This is PRECIOUS Emily! I love it.

MS said...

Adorable! Great idea to jazz up even a small gift!

yyam said...

Ooooh...yummy and cute! :)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet image. Your yummy project is just as cute as can be..

Hugs~

Unknown said...

This is so cute Emily! I love your creative mind...so inspiring. This little package would be great for giving a little halloween treat to my co-workers. Awesome design :)

Unknown said...

Such a SWEET treat! Cute stamp, and I love how you wrapped up the M&M's! ;o)

Glenda J said...

So cute! Love the bright colours. Fabulous idea.

Auntie Em said...

Your little treat box is so adorable Emily! I love how many ways you use these little chickies.
Hope you are enjoying the last week of summer vacation. The summer seemed to go by so fast but the kids are all getting exciting about heading back to school. Our DIL headed in for her first day of internship this morning and was excited as I am sure she was starting her first day of school. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

So cute! I always love seeing these little chickies in action - they are adorable.