The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, August 6, 2012

A One-Layer Thank You

I am always running out of thank you notes--especially nice flat and easily mailed one-layer ones. How 'bout you? Today's card is a welcome addition to my perpetuallly depleted collection.


As soon as I saw Kanani's awesome sketch for this month's DeNami Design Challenge, I knew I could adapt it to a single layer design to suit my needs!


Doesn't this look like a fun sketch? There are all sorts of possibilities for it! Be sure to swing by the DeNami Design blog to check out what the rest of the design team came up with for this sketch and to get all the details of the August DeNami challenge!

Thanks for checking in!
Emily

Stamps: Modern Borders Set (cling), Brushed Thank You by DeNami Design
Paper: Vintage Cream cardstock by PTI
Ink: Vintage Sepia Versafine, Toffee Versafine, Habanero Versafine, Spanish Moss Versafine

16 comments:

Auntie Em said...

What a great card Emily! I need to try more one layer cards for mailing. It adds up at the post office after a while sending all those lumpy cards! :D
Hope you are having a great summer. August flies by soooo fast!

Pam said...

Hi Emily!! I've been missing you! Hope your summer has been swell!! Your thank you card is just perfect, and I love the gradient color look!

Benzi said...

How cool is this 'thank you'. Great sketch and image used. Love the super, fun colors.

Good to see a card from you. I'm betting you're having a great summer with the kiddos.

Annette Allen said...

what a fun design...Love your take on the sketch..

Anita said...

Very pretty Emily. I really like the colors you chose for this.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've showcased the angle on the sketch Emily. And of course those rows of polka dots make me smile ;)

Glenda J said...

So fun! Love the bright colours.

Unknown said...

Such a cheerful card! Love the bright colors! ;o)

Deb said...

Emily, this is fabulous! I love how you made this sketch one layer. And your use of Modern Borders is fantastic!

Jessi Fogan said...

Now this is a great idea - my mind always goes to paper layers with sketches, and obviously it doesn't have to :) Hope you're having a great time!!

Melissa Shea said...

I'm always running out too. I need more practical thank you cards (instead of my gussied up cards that don't mail very well!). Great idea!

andrea said...

Wow! One layer magic! Love the color combos and the interpretation to the challenge!

Unknown said...

What a fun card.. A great take on the sketch.. Hope you are enjoying your summer. I am sure you are!

Hugs~

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this CAS but bright and cheery card!

Sue Lelli said...

Love YOUR take on that challenge, Emily!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fabulous way to do a border stamp! Wow, there are so many possibilities now that you've gotten my mind turning, and so many border stamps to do it with. :)