I was inspired by the song "Lollipop" by the Chordettes. Now I can't get it out of my head! I used this adorable lollipop image and coordinating sentiment from Unity's Total Cuteness kit to make a super-sweet Valentine easel card, my very first easel card! I colored the lollipop with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I added lots of machine stitching and distressing to make this funky and fun. The DP is from a pack of shaped 5 x 7 Valentine papers that I got on clearance at Target after Valentine's day last year. Because the 5 x 7 size was too big for my card, I trimmed off the shaped edges and used those to make my design more interesting.
I found it difficult to capture all the different aspects of my card in a single photograph, so here are a few more to give you a better view. Can you see the Glossy Accents I added to the lollipop to make it sugary and shiny just like the real thing?
Here are the challenges that I played while making this card:
- Lucy's Cards: Sketch Week, Day 4
- EtsyInspired Challenge #123: to be inspired by the wares of the Etsy store Nanny's Room. I was inspired by the colors of this coyote painting.
- All Things Unity Challenge #23: to make either a tri-fold or an easel card. I chose an easel card. This was my first-ever attempt! I guess it turned out OK, but I found some changes I'll want to implement next time.
- City Crafter Challenge Blog: #41, Sew Fun!
- A Spoon Full of Sugar: Valentine
- Tuesday Throwdown: Distressing
- Critter Sketch Challenge: Distressing and a circle (I have two: my lollipop and a brad)
- Cupcake Craft Challenge: Food
- Paper Sundaes: Distressing
- Stamp Something: Stamp something cute
Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my little slice of bliss for today!
Stamps: Unity Total Cuteness
Paper:PTI kraft CS, DCWV textured card stock, The Paper Company white CS, DP from the Target Dollar Spot
Ink: Palette violette, Palette l'amore red
Accessories: SU scallop trim border punch, SU large oval punch, SU scallop oval punch, EK chain of hearts punch, Prismacolor pencils, OMS, paper blending stumps, Glossy Accents, scissors, sewing machine, emery board for distressing, dimensionals, heart brad, purple brad
Techniques: machine stitching, distressing, easel card, Gamsol Magic