The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, July 5, 2010

Lemonade to Cool Our Hot Summer Days

What a great 4th of July we had yesterday! After several years of not being able to see any fireworks, we were so excited to see some in a neighboring community. The fireworks were to be shot off over the lake in the town center, so we spread a beach blanket on the grass by the lake to watch them. Although the day was hot yesterday, it was a perfect evening to be outside, not too hot or cool, with a light breeze. I read out loud from a chapter book we've been reading as a family until it got too dark. Then we broke out some glow sticks for the kids to play with until the fireworks started. It was fun to choose which type of fireworks are our favorites! Mine are the giant ones that look like weeping willows. I can't help but say, "Ahhh!"

I've been busy t
oday trying to get this new blog of mine formatted--so many pesky details--and haven't had any time to make any cards, or create anything else for that matter. So I thought I'd share a card I made last week. It's been so hot here the last few days (99F was our high temp today!), I thought that seeing it here again would help cool me off!

I was inspired by some cool stuff I've seen done with the new PaperTrey Ink Friendship Jar stamp set. I've had this jar rubber stamp from The Angel Company for probably six years now and love using it. This time I thought I'd fill it with some Flourishes lemon slices and make it into a glass of pink lemonade!! If a Mason jar full of frosty pink lemonade isn't perfect for hot summer days, I don't know what is :). Another thing to say "Ahhh!" about.

For supplies in this card project, please click here.

3 comments:

~~Deby said...

cute card....looked at your gallery on SCS...great work...
Deby
just considering signing up with TAC love their new catalog !

Benzi said...

Emzi, when did you get this blog? Today??? Where have I been? You already know I love your lemonade card but I wanted to stop by and say congrats on getting your blog started. I just noticed it as I a was going through commenting on pnz cards.

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a "cool" idea to fill your jar with Flourishes lemons! You are crafty, indeed. You're always thinking!