The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Exciting News (and a Crabby Card)

Today I have some news that I am so excited to share: I am the newest member of the Mark's Finest Papers Design Team!! I've just been added as a Jr. DT member at MFP for a six-month stint. This is my first time on any design team, and I'm so excited to dig right in.

So today's card is my first MFP DT project. I made this for the MFP Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #12, to use red, orange, and yellow. I've enjoyed playing this weekly challenge from its beginning back in the spring. The challenges are easy, don't require using MFP stamps (although you can score a second entry in the random drawing if you do), and there are PRIZES: free MFP stamp sets! For every 50 entries in the challenge, another random winner is drawn. Fun!

So what went into creating this card? I was inspired by the layout of this lovely card by Latisha Yoast as a result of today's Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. I was also inspired by this gorgeous sea glass necklace from Mermaid's Tears Jewelry through this week's EtsyInspired Challenge.

The crab stamp I used is a sneak peek from the MFP set Flourished Sea Creatures being released in August. I colored the little crab with colored pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and a paper blending stump. The sandy "beach" under him is ripped from cheap-o sandpaper from Dollar Tree, and I picked up that cute crabs background paper last year in Target's Dollar Spot. (Do you detect a "Dollar" theme here??) The gingham ribbon and seashell charm are from Mark's Finest Papers.

For more information on the supplies I used and the challenges I entered, please click here. Thanks for dropping by!!

10 comments:

Meg said...

WOW! Way to go, Emily!! That's fantastic news, and well deserved! I love your card; orange, red, and yellow sound a bit scary but you made it totally work! Can't wait to see your other MFP creations!

Julie Ranae said...

Congratulations Emily! I know this will be only the first of many wonderful design opportunities to come : )
Beautiful work ...

Lisa Somerville said...

Congrats Emily! Wonderful card, looking foward to seeing more of your beautiful creations on your blog!

Marisa said...

Congrats on the Jr. DT position, Emily!!! Raising my punches high -- you go girl :D Totally darling cards too - just love the baby card!

Claudine Poch said...

Wow, you've never been on a DT. You sure picked a great company to begin with. Congratulations! Your card is great! Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy's Friends.

Benzi said...

Well, I just had to come to your blog and congratulate you again on you assignment with the MFP DT. You'll be a wonderful asset. Love your card. Hope I get home from vacation in time to join in this week.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Congratulations, Emily! Your crabby card is absolutely adorable! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Oh what fantastic news, Emily! I'm so thrilled for you and I know you'll do a fabulous inspiring job! I love your warm colours card - those colours are amazing together. I can almost feel the heat coming through my screen!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congratulations on your big news! ;)
I am very happy for you.
And your crabby card is so cute. Love the cheap-o accents and all the different challenge inspirations. Great first card as DT!

Stacy Morgan said...

Whohoo!! Congrats on the DT Spot! The crabby card is so vibrant and fun. They are lucky to have you on the DT!