The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March DeNami Inspired By

Welcome back to the March edition of DeNami Design's Inspired By feature! Each month we feature one talented DeNami customer's work, and then honor that wonderful artist with a host of DeNami DT projects inspired by it! This month we were inspired by Kim S.


Isn't that the sweetest? You can read all about it right here on Kim's blog.

Kim used the delightful Woodland Friends stamp for her creation (and added in the new Balloon Trio stamp). I don't have that sweet scene {yet!}, but I do have most of the new individual Woodland Animals stamps, so I decided to recreate the scene with those. Here's how my card turned out:


I was inspired by Kim's lovely color palette and spare CAS design. Instead of replicate the design, I decided to do a riff on it: I incorporated the clean, uncolored aspect of Kim's background by keeping all of the stamped elements uncolored and incorporated her color scheme in the busy patterned paper that I used as the backdrop for my plain-brown-wrapper critters. I love how this "inverse" design approach really made those sweet critters pop!! Plus, this is a great way to use stamps that feature line art images quickly--no coloring required!

Here are the products that I used from the DeNami Design store:


Be sure to head over to the DeNami Design blog today to see how the rest of the team was inspired by Kim's sweet card!

Thanks so much for visiting today. May your day be filled with bliss!
Emily

10 comments:

Pam said...

Ooooo, love that patterned paper! And the adorable critters look cute on kraft, and they do stand out!!

~Tammy~ said...

I totally adore how you inked the Woodland Friends in Kraft. Looks great against the patterned paper! Too Cute!

Benzi said...

This is just too, too cute. I love your dp and the animals done with Kraft is just so creative and makes them pop right off the card. Love it, Emily.

Auntie Em said...

I love your take on Kim's card! The little critters all in the soft kraft brown stand out on the bright and colourful paper. Great idea!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE card Emily, love your "krafty" animals!!

cm said...

What a wonderful take on Kim's card, reversing the colour/patterns from the animals to the background! Your critters - darling! A cheerful card that's added sparkles to my day!!
c

Dana said...

Brilliant of you to recreate that same scene with the stamps you had Emily! Clever girl. And on the kraft as well! I love this:)

Brenda in IN said...

You really captured the essence of the animals in that kraft paper. They look great against the fun paper. So cute.

Lisa Petrella said...

Cute card and such a cool take on the inspiration card!!! FUN!!!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card my friend!

Hugs~