The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Sunday, May 19, 2013

DeNami Fresh Florals Blog Hop

Good morning, friends! I am over the moon to be a part of today's DeNami Design blog hop! Today the DeNami Design team and DeNami Design customers are highlighting some of my very favorite DeNami stamps: florals!! I hope you'll hop along for loads of inspiration.



Hopefully, you've arrived here by way of Amy Smidebush's blog, Standing Ovation. If so, you are on the right track! If not, you'll want to head over to the DeNami blog to start the blog hop at the beginning. (And remember, if you get lost along the way, you can always head over to the DeNami blog to get pointed in the right direction.)

Don't forget, there are some amazing DeNami prizes to be won! Two lucky commenters will be drawn at random from among the comments left along the blog hop to win a $20 DeNami Design gift certificate! You have until Monday, May 20, 2013, 11:59 pm PST, to leave comments on all the blogs to be eligible for a prize.


So, let me show you what I made with one very cool and utterly versatile DeNami stamp sets, the Whimsical Garden cling stamp set.


I just love how you can build your own blooms with this set! And the flowers and leaves are perfect for coloring with your favorite media. I also used the delightful You're On My Heart sentiment, along with Golden Tangerine cardstock, Cream cardstock, Tuxedo Black Memento ink, and some White/Black Dots washi tape from the DeNami store. Oh, and I nearly forgot--see the tone-on-tone stamping done on the card base? That fabulous look is courtesy DeNami's Polka Dot Background stamp and some Versamark ink.

I recently sent this card to a friend to let her know I'd been thinking of her!


That's it for me today! Before you leave for more Fresh Florals inspiration, be sure to leave a comment to be eligible for the randomly drawn prizes and then you can be on your way to the next stop on the hop, the blog of the very sweet and talented Pattie Goldman
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy the blog hop,
Emily
 

48 comments:

Unknown said...

so pretty and happy! i love the cas polka dot background and your lovely coloring too :)

Linda said...

Emily! These colors together are fabulous! I've been looking at that cute set of flowers and just love what you put together here!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this is so so pretty! It reminds me of a Mary Engelbreit collection. Your coloring is once again perfect! Oh this just made me smile so big! I love it Emily!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love how your design just pops off of the cardstock.
I just picked up this set last month at the Wisconsin event. Was thinking off using it, then alas I went a different route! TFS! :D

Deb said...

Love the blooms you created! I know your friend surely loved this card. And the subtle background stamping is beautiful.

Marisa said...

Great flowers and loving those polka dots!!

Unknown said...

Pretty polka dots everywhere! Love the flowers you stamped/colored --- they look FABULOUS!

Stacy said...

Emily, you have worked your washi magic again and I love how all the polka dots coordinate! This is a beautiful card!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a bright and beautiful card Emily and I love how you used the Washi tape-I thought at first it was dp

Aunt Doe said...

Love the colors, makes me think of spring time

Heidi said...

This is such a cheerful and sweet card. I love the sentiment.

Renee's ramblings said...

So many wonderful elements on this card! Your friend who received this is no doubt still smiling!

Denise Bryant said...

Fun card! I love the colors you used for the flowers against that fun dot background! Very cheery!

~ Jo ~ said...

Love the colors of this card! I have always been a huge fan of black/white polka dots! Your coloring is beautiful too!

Hugs,
Jo
Jo's Scrap Shack

Unknown said...

Love the color combination and the 3D look!

Unknown said...

I love polka dots and this card is just so cute.

DisneyGirl0828 said...

The polka dots up against that color of card stock is perfect. And the flower that picks up the card stock color...love the way it pops! Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

Very sweet Emily!! Love your colorful blooms!!

Camille Short said...

Cheery!

Cat Craig said...

Love this bright cheery card. How can one fail to smile faced with flowers and polka dots! Love it.

Maura said...

Lovely design!

Diana Fernandez said...

awesome card!! I especially love that dot background stamp!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card Emily, your bright and sunny colours make me so happy!

jetsfan88 said...

Oh this is definitely worth copying! I love the use of only half the polka dot stamp on both top and bottom. Great colors.

gail said...

I really like your polka dots

Laura1943 said...

What a happy card you created !!!!

Cynthia Rose said...

I really like the way the dots on the flowers go with the dots on the tape which go with the very subtle dots on the cardstock. PS - my last name is Bliss, it would be fun to live on Bliss Road.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your bright colors, Emily, and the pretty flowers! Fab sentiment too!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy happy joy joy!!! Love this to bits Emily, the polka dots are sweet and the cluster of blooms is fabulous!

Amy Schumacher said...

Such great use of bright, cheerful colors! What a HAPPY CARD!! :)

Greta said...

Bright, cheery & beautiful, Emily!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Emily, this is one of my favorites so far! Love the colors and the bold flowers and the black and white dots, and…. oh… everything!! You done good, girl!!! :)

Dana said...

Emily, your ability to combine colors always leaves me amazed. I adore that tangerine base and noticed the polka dots right off! Love how they tie in with the washi tape! And the tiny colored hearts in the sentiment? *swoon*

Unknown said...

Those blooms are so pretty. What a cute card.

Hugs~

Sue D said...

Very sweet and I like the use of washi tape.

Benzi said...

Ooh, I love your fun flowers and I am all over the polka dots, too. What a fun combination and some great colors, too.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

What a fabulous design. The black polka dots with the bright colors is so fun.

Lisa Petrella said...

Emily, this is absolutely ADORABLE!! LOVE the brightly colored flowers and all of the polka dots---soooo super duper fun!!

Jen said...

Oooooo, CAS yet stunning! Build-a-blooms looks very cool, and I love the washi (how do I not own that one??) Stunning!

Glenda J said...

Sooo pretty! Love the bold colours and dotted borders. Great work!

yyam said...

Such a pretty card Emily. Love the tone on tone stamping. And the blooms!:)

Marlena M. said...

Emily, this is beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I know this card gave your friend a happy day! Beautiful colors! Love the Washi borders! You are such a wonder with Washi!

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE the bright colours & all the polka dots - so much whimsy! And that sentiment is just lovely :)

Maria said...

What a pretty card, Emily! Love those pretty flowers and super sweet sentiment! And, I was so happy to see your comment about the bird! I did some research and thought just possibly it is a killdeer. So, I was happy to see that you thought so, too! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!

Katie Sims said...

OH my gosh...this is sooo sweet Emily! Love the colors you used..so bright and cheery!

nwilliams6 said...

So positive and fun - love all the details and colors. Fun, fun, fun.