The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Saturday, January 5, 2013

{washi} Bliss

Woo–hoo and happy Saturday! I couldn't be more excited to announce a new monthly feature I'll be writing for the DeNami Design blog. It's called… drum roll please…


Have you heard the news? DeNami Design is now carrying washi tape. You should definitely check out the collection. So many cute designs, right? I am hoping that with this feature I can inspire you to use washi tape in lots of fun and unique ways. Please plan to join me on the DeNami Design blog on the fourth Monday of every month. I'll give you a heads up here on My Little Slice of Bliss so you'll know it's time. You never know, I might even throw in a little giveaway right here so you'll want to stay tuned in. ;-)

How about a little washi tape inspiration right now? Here's a little ditty I made up for Christmas.


This couldn't have been simpler! I used DeNami's Polka Dot Background stamp, Whimsical Merry Christmas stamp, Versafine Satin Red ink, and Red/White Dots washi tape, all from the DeNami Design store. That sweet birdie tree is a premade dimensional sticker I picked up on clearance at A.C. Moore after Christmas last year. See how that simple strip of washi tape grounds the tree and sentiment?

I'm working on lots of inspiring ideas for ways to use washi tape in your papercrafting. My first official Ways With Washi post debuts on Monday, January 28. So be sure to check in then! In the meantime, we have a brand-new stamp release, with sneak peeks kicking off tomorrow. I'm so excited about all of the new stamps. You are going to love them!

Thanks for stopping by today for a little slice of {washi} bliss!
Emily

13 comments:

Benzi said...

I love Washi tape and I'm excited for you to be doing the monthly feature. How cool! I LOVE your card and what a pretty tree to go along with the Washi tape.

Pam said...

I have still yet to buy any washi tape!! Will be looking forward to your ideas though! Your card here is perfect with the strip of tape under the tree!!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Beautiful - looks so stunning Emily!! Hugs!
Audrey

Anita said...

Beautiful card Emily and congrats on your writing gig! Can you believe it - I own no washi tape? I've never quite known what to do with it so I'll be sure to check out your posts. Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday ;)

Stacy said...

Really cute card! I am looking forward to all of your washi tape ideas!

Lisa Elton said...

I can't wait to see how you use the Washi tape Emily sounds like a FUN feature!! I recognize this pretty little card...it's was among my Christmas cards this year ;)

Marisa said...

Love all those polka dots and the birds in the tree are beyond adorable!! Way to use that washi too :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

This couldn't be cuter! Love the perspective and dimension the washi tape gives to the sweet Christmas tree. Congrats on your new monthly feature too! Can't wait to see the other inventive ways you use washi.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this CUTE card and how that washi tape grounded it! Great idea, Emily!

Auntie Em said...

Love ALL the polka dots! They are so cute. The little birds in the tree look very cheerful. The tape makes a great accent.
I love seeing your beautiful projects and seeing what you will do with the washi tape. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh em gee, Em :) You are so full of good news, and I love it! Love the birdie tree - and the polka dot washi? Yes. I love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Emily looking forward to your new feature. Congrats and your card is fantastic!

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to this feature Emily! I have LOTS of washi tape but can be stumped sometimes on how to use it :) Happy you're staying on the DT too...love your designs!