The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, February 21, 2011

Paper-Piecing in Red and Green

I've been seriously mojo-challenged for the past few days. I've had an idea chasing around in my head that I just couldn't quite capture. I finally got somewhere with it today, and this is where I ended up:
I had several challenges in mind while working on this card, primarily the "Combined Grind" Challenge at The Play Date Cafe PDCC69 (featuring the colors red, green, and black) and CASE Study Challenge #27 (to be inspired by this featured card):
I just so happen to own the {ippity} Now & Always stamp set featured in the CASE Study card and instantly knew that would be the angle I took on this CASE! This beautiful blossom from Now & Always is my absolute favorite stamp image to paper piece, so that's what I did, allowing me to play along with the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

I am also playing along with the new Unity monthly challenge, which has a heart theme for this month. I thought these heart rhinestones were perfect for this card!
And finally, I used the current Unity Hip Hop Sketch HHSC45, and ribbon for the February 2011 {ippity} monthly challenge for week 4's final twist: ribbon.

We had some snow flurries this morning, giving us another 2 inches of fluffy snow which the kids loved playing in for a while this afternoon. After supper, we wrapped up our Presidents' Day holiday with 5 rounds of Uno. What fun! Each of us won at least one hand, so that worked out nicely. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my little slice of bliss for today!


Card Recipe:
Stamps: {ippity} Now & Always, {ippity} Regal Greetings
Paper: SU basic black CS, MFP snowstorm CS, MFP ripened tomato linen finish CS, BasicGrey June Bug DP, book page ripped from a vintage history book
Ink: Palette noir black, Versamark, Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink
Accessories: SU scallop trim border punch, red EP, heat tool, foam tape, sponge dauber, sewing machine, scissors, chunky rhinestones, red grosgrain ribbon
Techniques: machine stitching, ink distressing, paper piecing

21 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

Marisa said...

Great case, Emily!! Love that flower!

wearestampers said...

This is a great card Emily! And I love the Ippity stamp! It's so versitle, and love it stamped with different papers. Great job with combing it with all the challenges!
Pam

Michele Gross said...

I love what you did with that flower! Such a pretty image and you made it beautiful :) Always a pleasure seeing you here :) Glad you came to play at The Play Date Cafe's Combined Grind!

Tracey said...

I so NEED that Ippity stamp now after seeing your beautiful creation!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is wonderful- love the cool flower and the fabulous layers you made!

Fiona said...

Beautiful Emily! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week :)

massofhair said...

A stunning and bright card; great papers and fantastic stamp. Really love how you have layered everything so beautifully:-)

Linda R. said...

Well it looks like you found your Mojo.. This is amazing.. I just love everthing about it my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Julie said...

Fantastic job on this....your mojo is back!! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Emily, this turned out wonderfully! I really love your page from a book as your background dp. And that is a fun flower to paper-piece, I can see that. You used our challenge colors beautifully...thanks for making time to play at the Cafe again!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a perfect flower for paper piecing, Emily! This is simply scrumptious, right down to the gemstone details and stitching! You never fail to bring such beautiful creations to The Cafe! Thank you ever so much for faithfully playing along with us!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE IT! I love that flower--the stamps you used--the way you CASED Eva's card--LOVE LOVE LOVE! Great job. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW! What an amazing take on the HHSC AND the new Unity challenge! So excited that you could play along-your card is just STUNNING and I LOVE the incorporation of that little heart bling=so cute!

Benzi said...

Great card, Emily! Love your paper piecing on that beauitful blossom. Yummy is the word for this card!!!!

Libby Hickson said...

This turned out gorgeous - looks to me like your mojo is just fine! :-) Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh goodness, this card certainly doesn't look like your mojo has been compromised - it's such a striking design!! Thank you so much for joining us at CASE Study for a "combined grind" challenge!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow! You and I were in the Top 3 at CASE Study! Whoo hoo! Congratulations, Emzi and Blondzi! ANd Benzi was noted too. Punchkateerz unite!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Congratulations on being in the Top 3 at CASE Study! :) Susanne - lavenderandroses creations.blogspot.com

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Very pretty!

Cath said...

Hey Emily! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)